Skip to main content

College Football Players Don’t Pay — So Why Should Gamers?

 I’ve played college football games for years. Even after the series disappeared, I went out and bought an Xbox 360 just so I could keep the old NCAA titles alive. Dynasty mode, recruiting, Road to Glory — that was my thing. That was the part of gaming I genuinely enjoyed. So when the franchise stopped because of licensing issues, I was devastated, but I accepted it. Sometimes things happen.

Then the announcement dropped: College Football was coming back.

The game released, the series officially returned, and now here we are — three years since EA brought it back. And let me be clear: the game itself isn’t terrible. It’s not perfect, but it’s fun. The gameplay isn’t the problem.

The Real Problem Is the Executives Running Gaming Into the Ground

Somewhere along the way, gaming stopped being about fun and started being about squeezing every dollar out of players. And EA is leading the charge with decisions that make no sense for the people who actually play these games.

How do you put microtransactions in an offline mode? How do you make pay‑to‑win mechanics for a mode where you’re not even competing with anyone?

This year, if you want to upgrade your player or coach, you’re pushed toward paying real money — in an offline mode. That’s ridiculous. It’s disrespectful. And it’s the kind of thing that slowly kills a franchise from the inside out.

Gaming Is Becoming Too Expensive for the Average Person

Between $70 base games, deluxe editions, battle passes, subscriptions, and microtransactions, gaming is becoming a luxury hobby. And now EA wants to turn College Football into a subscription too.

They claim you’ll “keep the games after the subscription ends.” We’ll see about that when the time comes.

But the fact that we even have to question it tells you everything about where gaming is headed.

This Year’s Decision Is a Line in the Sand

The game I waited over a decade for — the one I used to love booting up — is now something I don’t even want to touch. Not because of the gameplay, but because of the business decisions behind it.

So if there’s one thing you take from me:

Do not buy the game this year. Not out of hate. Not out of negativity. But because we can’t keep letting companies disrespect players and get away with it.

We stand against you, EA. And by “we,” I mean the people who actually care about gaming — not the muppets. Shoutout Ryan Moody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Uber’s Push for Liability Immunity Is Dangerous for Riders — and Survivors

  By Michael After several weeks of researching the ongoing Uber sexual-assault litigation and proposed federal rideshare liability protections, I believe this is a conversation Congress cannot afford to get wrong. Uber is facing a legal reckoning. As of August 2026, more than 4,397 federal sexual-assault cases are active in the multidistrict litigation against Uber . These cases involve survivors who say they trusted a global brand to get them home safely — only to be assaulted or harassed by drivers they allege Uber failed to properly screen, monitor, or remove from its platform. These are not simply numbers on a spreadsheet. Behind every case is a person who entered a vehicle expecting a ride and believing that the company whose logo appeared on the app had taken reasonable steps to protect them. Now, while thousands of these cases are still being litigated, Congress is considering legislation that could make it significantly harder for passengers and survivors to hold rideshare...

This To Shall Pass

  You know, I still remember when I first heard the phrase “This too shall pass.” I was mindlessly scrolling through TikTok, and there was Tom Hanks sitting at a table with a group of actors. He said, “Remember—when life is good, this too shall pass. And when life is going bad, remember, this too shall pass.” It sounded simple. Obvious, even. But at that moment, it stuck with me. At the time, life was good. I wasn't exactly enjoying it—I was just sort of there, scrolling through life without much thought. But for some reason, that line replayed in my head like a broken record. And then life flipped. I spiraled—another round of self-sabotage, another relapse, another rehab. Thirty days, detox, all of it. And that phrase? Still in my head. But here’s the danger of that message at the wrong time: I used it as a reason not to learn. Not to grow. I convinced myself that the storm would pass without doing the work to stop repeating it. The truth? I wasn't ready. I wasn’t tired ...

When Silence Speaks: What Solitude Taught Me About Becoming

During my 1000-day challenge — yes, I talk about it often, and for good reason — I’ve discovered something powerful: solitude isn't loneliness; it’s clarity. This journey was first introduced to me by a mentor who visited while I was in a rehab facility. He spoke truth that pierced straight through me — as if he’d known my story before I even opened my mouth. That conversation sparked something. I started digging: watching videos, reading articles, and studying the discipline required to follow through. But the real beginning wasn’t research — it was my desire for change. The kind that comes from surrendering control over what I cannot change and fully owning what I can… me. In the past, I’d slip, then try to keep going without adjusting anything. But nothing would change. I’d just continue, disappointed. Then I stumbled onto a concept: “The Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei.” Their journey spans over seven years. If they fail, the cost is unthinkable: Hara-kiri — ‘honorable suicide...